A Smile Makeover Can Help Patients Look and Feel Their Very Best
Leading prosthodontist Dr. Neil Starr offers smile makeovers at his Washington D.C. office for patients who want to address a number of cosmetic concerns with a single comprehensive treatment plan. For decades, Dr. Starr has earned recognition among his peers and patients alike for delivering remarkable results. As a fellow of the American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry, Dr. Starr understands how pride in one's smile can enhance quality of life. With an in-office laboratory, he can personally oversee every step of a smile makeover to ensure the best possible outcomes. Learn how his experience, in-office technology, and artistic vision helps his patients achieve dazzling smiles. Contact his office today to set up an appointment.
"My teeth and gums are so healthy and I LOVE my new smile. I get many compliments about what nice teeth I have. It is one of the best investments I have ever made. Thanks!" - Jamie Boucher
What Is A Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover is a custom-designed plan that combines two or more cosmetic procedures to enhance the entire appearance of a smile. This frequently is enhanced by some restorative treatments. During the initial examination, Dr. Starr will discuss the patient’s goals, review his or her medical history, and conduct a thorough analysis, including clinical, head and neck, intraoral dental, periodontal, and occlusal exams. Using this information, Dr. Starr will then make recommendations, and work closely with the patient to develop a treatment plan. He often performs a chairside composite mockup for the patient. This allows the patient to preview his/ her smile before treatment really begins. A diagnostic mockup allows for incredible treatment precision, with Dr. Starr identifying and making fine-tuned adjustments as necessary before the final treatments are performed.
Scope of a Smile Makeover
By carefully selecting and combining procedures, a smile makeover can give patients a noticeably improved smile that complements their personality and facial features. Patients can benefit not only from Dr. Starr’s decades of expertise, but also his use of advanced dental, digital and laboratory technologies. With these tools, Dr. Starr can provide top-of-the-line treatments and restorations that blend in seamlessly with patients' smiles.
A smile makeover may include:
- Porcelain Veneers - Veneers are thin porcelain shells like false fingernails attached to the front of the teeth to conceal minor imperfections such as chips, cracks, slight misalignment, and discoloration.
- Teeth Whitening – Dr. Starr offers a number of take-home teeth whitening products to cover a wide-range of needs. As with all of his treatments, teeth whitening is highly personalized, taking into account tooth sensitivity and desired cosmetic goals.
- Gum Reshaping – Removing excess tissue and reshaping the gum line to expose healthy tooth structure to create a beautiful frame for the teeth. Certain situations where the patient presents with a gummy smile appearance and short teeth, may benefit from this procedure.
- Dental Bonding – With the application of a composite tooth-colored resin to the surface of a tooth, dental bonding can conceal a number of imperfections, such as chips and cracks as well as restoring cavities created by tooth decay.
- Replacing Old or Ill-fitting Restorations – Restorations can wear down over time, disrupting bite balance as well as esthetics. Dr. Starr specializes in the creation and placement of world-class all ceramic restorations. Working closely with his master technician Jose Lara, in his onsite lab, Dr. Starr offers a full range of restorations, including all-ceramic high strength crowns and bridges.
Schedule an Appointment Today
Whether a patient's cosmetic dental needs are simple or very complex, Dr. Starr can create a personalized plan resulting in an unforgettable smile. To learn more, schedule a consultation today.